We always welcome comments, questions and input from local people, patients and stakeholders. Depending on the nature of your enquiry, there are a number of ways to contact us. If you don't find the team you need in the list below, simply fill out the form at the bottom of the page and it will be directed to the right person or team.
Our Time2Talk team is here to listen to your concerns, complaints or compliments on the services we are responsible for. The Time2Talk team will:
- Listen to the concerns or complaints you have raised in confidence.
- Provide you with information and advice to help you resolve your concern or complaints.
- Liaise on your behalf to resolve issues.
- Signpost you to the right departments to find out accurate information.
- Pass on any compliments to the relevant team or person.
You can contact Time2Talk by:
If you are a member of the media, or you have an enquiry you need to pass on to our press office, you can email our media desk at email@example.com.
Our team is happy to help with filming, photography or interview requests as well as to discuss ideas for health promotion and collaboration.
For urgent media enquiries after 5pm or at weekends, please call 01159 658951.
To submit a Freedom of Information request or a Subject Access Request you can:
- email BCWBCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit in writing to: Black Country and West Birmingham CCG, Governance Team, Civic Centre, St. Peter's Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1SH.
For more about our approach to FOIA, visit our legal information page.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the CCG's corporate headquarters are expected to open in June 2021. The address will be: Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1SH.
The main switchboard will be available to be contacted from June 2021 when we have a fully functioning reception. The main contact, for the time being, is at Jubilee House, Walsall, and can be contacted on 01922 618388.
The premises are normally staffed 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Please note opening times may vary according to local COVID-19 restrictions. Until further notice, anyone visiting the centre must wear a face covering unless medically exempt, sanitise hands on entry and maintain social distancing at all times.
The Civic Centre is located in the heart of Wolverhampton, with (paid) parking available nearby at St Peter’s car park. It is also accessible via any bus route into the city centre, with the closest bus stops being located at the University of Wolverhampton and Lichfield Street.
Our Place-based offices
Our five Place teams are each based in an office within that Place. You can find the full details on our place pages here.
Our CHC teams work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm and can be contacted on:
- Dudley: email email@example.com or call 01384 321777
- Sandwell: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 612 1748
- Walsall: email email@example.com or call 01922 618388 (main reception)
- West Birmingham: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 612 1748
- Wolverhampton: email email@example.com or call 01902 444615.
If you have a designated CHC case manager, they should be your first point of contact. Your case manager should provide you with a direct contact number.
We will soon be launching our Get Involved membership scheme. Members will receive regular news and updates (including the CCG newsletter), as well as tailored information about forthcoming engagement opportunities. To register your interest, call our engagement team on 0121 612 1447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiry form
Please use the form below if you have any enquiry and are not sure which team you need to speak to: