Who is eligble for the COVID-19 vaccine?
A full list of who can get vaccinated is available on the NHS website. It includes the following children and young people:
- 5 to 11 year olds - can get a 1st and 2nd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
- 12 to 15 year olds - can get a 1st and 2nd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and some can get a booster dose
- 16 and 17 year olds - can get a 1st and 2nd dose and booster of the COVID-19 vaccine
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine
Tested positive for coronavirus recently?
All 12 to 17 year olds must leave 12 weeks (84 days) after testing positive for COVID-19 or 12 weeks after their symptoms started, before getting the vaccine. Some teens who are at high-risk from COVID-19 need to wait 4 weeks (28 days) before getting their vaccine.
Only read and download trusted sources of information, here are a few example we recommend you read/download:
- gov.uk 'What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination - advice for children and young people (or download this printable leaflet)
- NHS.uk have included lots of information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Everything COVID has been designed by young people for young people - you can learn more about the vaccine, get answers to your questions and when ready, organise your jab locally.
- Are you pregnant or might be, or worried about your fertility in the future – read more about the vaccine here