At home or on the move The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for you to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
The app has been developed by the NHS and has been designed to help millions of people get more information about their health and care - and more control of how they use NHS services.
You can use it wherever you are, at any time. It puts valuable information about your health and treatments at your fingertips.
What does the NHS app do?
It enables you to:
- access your NHS Covid Pass in a secure way
- check your symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when you need help urgently, using NHS 111 online
If your GP practice is connected to the app, you can register and verify your identity so you can:
- book and manage appointments at their GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions
- securely view their GP medical record
- register as an organ donor.
How can I get the app?
You can download it for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. When you register in the app, there will be a series of checks to confirm your identity. You will not have to go into your surgery to register if you have a driving license. You can also choose to log in using fingerprint recognition.
Is my information safe?
The app securely connects to information from your GP surgery. To keep your access secure, a security code will be sent to your phone each time you use the app. This feature can be disabled if you choose to.
To find out more visit nhs.uk/nhs-app